Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

We Moved

After months of trying to decide what was best for us we finally made a decision and moved. We were planning on moving at the end of our 6 month lease at our old apartment, but then we were buying a car and were broke. Through a miracle we were able to sell Taylor's car which meant we weren't quite as poor, and the thought of moving became possible again. I found this apartment the day it was posted on Craigslist on a Thursday, we looked at it and signed a lease on Friday, and moved in a week later. Everything happened so fast, and we hadn't even decided if we were going to move when we first saw it. We decided to take a leap of faith and went for it. We had so much help moving from Taylor's mom, Sheldon, and one of Sheldon's roommates. We started at 8:30 and were done by 10:30. No way we could have moved so fast (or at all) without them. Huge thanks to them for helping us!


You first walk into our living room, and its ugly carpet. We're planning on getting a super cute area rug once we find one we like to hide some of the ugly. I love the big window it has
(I sewed those curtains. Go me!), and the way it is set up compared to our last living room. If it looks like pictures are hung crooked it's probably because they are... I swear they we straight when we first hung them. We plan to add more to the collage above the couch soon. I love having wedding pictures hung up in this apartment. 


We got rid of dish and bought a digital antenna box that gets the local stations so that's what that is in the corner above the TV. It's not too bad though because I still get to watch Grey's Anatomy every Thursday :) There's so much more room to decorate which makes me happy. Although, it doesn't make our wallets quite as happy.


We gave some things up and got some with the move. Goodbye super discounted dish. Hello open concept. I loveeee the open concept! It makes it feel so much homier and inviting. Plus you can see the TV from the kitchen now so hopefully we won't boil things over as much while cooking and trying to watch TV at the same time. 


Goodbye storage closets and coat closet. Hello washer and dryer in our apartment! (They are behind those mysterious doors in case you didn't catch on) I might use it as a dumping ground sometimes most of the time since there isn't a coat closet, and the dryer makes such a good shelf.. Goodbye being super close to the mall. Hello being literally a minute from my work, five minutes to Taylor's work, and closer to the highway so I can get to school a little faster. 

We also have a second bedroom now that is the perfect size to be a nursery someday in the future. It's also the perfect size if someone needs a place to crash. One of my favorite things is that the bathroom has a big counter. This is wonderful because I can sit on it while I straighten my hair and get ready in the morning. I really am that lazy.. Oh well. I really love this place and the management has been super nice to us. Which is a great thing because I don't see another move in our future for years.

On a side note: I don't recommend moving and buying a car in the same week. Your bank account will hate you. 

No comments