Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Wedding Facts

In honor of getting my wedding pictures back I thought I would share some lesser known facts about my wedding day. I'll share more pictures soon!



-I haven't thrown up since my sophomore year of high school. That was until two days before my wedding. I nearly passed out while getting our marriage licence, and it only went down hill from there. I stayed at my brother's apartment half dead while everyone else left to go explore campus. It was terrible.

- My dress had a corset back, but I couldn't have it tied up as tight as it should of been because my stomach still hurt too bad.

- I shared a hotel room with my sister and brother the night before the wedding. I didn't get to bed until almost 1 and then all 3 of my brothers barged in the room at 1:30ish, and stayed for a little while. Matt woke up at 7 because he was hungry, and woke the rest of us up too.

- I feel like the lack of sleep and being sick gave me a pretty good excuse for any bridezilla moments that might have occurred.

- While running out of my hotel room away from my brother's nasty farts I tripped and fell and got some awesome road rash on my hand. Of course it was my right hand so trying to put on make up, and having people shake it through out the day killed me. The worst part was that I dropped my cinnamon roll when I fell..

- We never rehearsed the ceremony so any of it that didn't run smoothly is because we had no idea what we were doing.

- Other than during the ceremony itself I wore a pair of Old Navy flip flops the entire night.

- Our getaway 'car' was supposed to be a tractor for my farmer boy, but his brother cleaned it the day before and the wind broke the door. This wouldn't have been a big deal, but the morning of our wedding was rainy. Instead, we settled for the Rzr.

- I forgot to pack underwear in my overnight bag so I insisted that we run to Walmart at 11 PM on our wedding night because I needed to have clean underwear.

- For the first couple of days, maybe even weeks, I felt like I had betrayed my family or something because I didn't have the same last name as them anymore. I know that is absolutely crazy, but I am the first girl to get married so giving up Thomas was hard for me.

1 comment

  1. Okay, I was there and I only knew about a few of these! You're smart to record all of these; I can hardly remember anything about my wedding day. And your pictures are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete