Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Lesson Learned


Work has stolen my husband for the whole weekend. He worked all day Friday, spent the night at the job, worked all day Saturday(14 hours), and is working all day today. I know it isn't a big deal, but it was our first night apart since we were married, and I went to church for the first time without him. I sat in the back so I didn't take up a pew when a whole family would need one.

There was a baby blessing and and it's a holiday weekend so the chapel was packed. Our ward already has a lot of little kids, but today there was more than normal which means it was extra loud. A couple minutes into sacrament meeting a big Chinese family came in and sat in the back. The meeting continued as normal, and I didn't really think much of them. That was until the first person went up to bear her testimony, and the next thing I knew I could hear someone consistently talking. I tried to ignore it, but it didn't stop and I was getting really aggravated because the person speaking at the pulpit was telling a really good story. I looked around to see who was talking, and when I made eye contact with him I gave him a dirty look hoping that he would get the hint to be quiet. I turned my attention back to the speaker and almost immediately it hit me that he was translating for some other family members that he was there with.

This was such an awakening moment for me. I felt terrible and I so badly wanted to take back the dirty look that I had given him. Who was I to try and stop someone else from hearing the message that was being shared? I noticed other people looking around to see who was talking and I wanted to tell them it's okay he's just sharing the message with someone else. I couldn't believe that I had made such a quick judgement and thought that he was just being inconsiderate. It is definitely not our place to judge another, and I am so grateful that I was reminded of this lesson again today.

6 comments

  1. My husband works a lot during the weekend and I barely get to see him. For the month of September, I won't see him every day, except Sunday. Harvest for potatoes this month. I'm not going to like it, including when I don't have a job that I can go to all day long.

    Maybe someday we should get to know each other more and have a girls day with each other when our husbands are at work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully September goes by fast then! Harvest is killer. I hope you get some potatoes for yourself out of it.

      Yes we should! :) Especially since we only live 15ishh minutes away from each other.

      Delete
    2. What part of Idaho Falls do you live in again?

      Delete
    3. We live right next to the Ammon Walmart and the mall.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love you Rach! This is a good reminder for all of us.

    ReplyDelete