Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

1st day of school and problems of an ECSE major

Well school is back in session. I haven't gone to school in nine months so I'm basically terrified of how this is going to go. This is the first semester that I will be working and married.


To be completely honest, my first day was not good at all. I slept terrible the night before so I was basically a hot mess the whole day. I started at the library at 8:30 because I already had so much work to do. I have classes from 10:15 to 2:45 which leaves no time for lunch. Bad choice on my part, but you have to do whatever it takes to get the classes you need. All of my classes started teaching the first day, and I had a paper due at 11 PM that night. What teacher assigns a paper due the first day?! Needless to say I was stressed to the max by the time I got home. Taylor ended up working later than normal which was both good and bad. It meant one less distraction, but I wouldn't have minded having someone to complain to. Either way I got the paper done and got a 92 on it so I guess I can't complain to much about it. 

One thing that added to the stress is that we're moving this weekend closer to where we work. Maybe not the best timing, but I'm so excited for the move! We already started packing so I wouldn't have to do as much this week. Now to find an internet provider that fits in our budget.

I would love to go back to taking 100 level courses rather than 300 level. I didn't know how easy I had it back then. It's going to be a hard semester, but all of the classes I'm taking are for my major. That means no more boring foundation classes. Thank goodness! I get to teach in a school for a couple hours a week and hopefully by the end of the semester I'll be certified to teach handwriting. 

Now for the problems with being an Early Childhood Special Education major. There aren't many guys who choose this major which means that your classes are filled with girls. This would be fine except girls always have to show off and think they're always right. Even worse than the girls are the guys that are in the classes. They're WEIRD! I'm fine if a nice normal guy wants to have this major, but that doesn't happen. I don't want to be mean but, they are seriously weird looking and say the dumbest things. It's going to make for a long semester. At least they keep things interesting.

3 comments

  1. I totally understand- Theres only girls in the Sewing Majors too, and they are crazy!! Good luck with the heavy load, that'll be hard but you can do it! :)

    PS- Your wedding pictures are SOOO precious! Glad you finally got them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute first day of school outfit! :) Good luck this semester; just tune out the annoying classmates and focus on how much closer you're getting to being done! That's awesome that you're in the upper division classes now!

    ReplyDelete