Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

I want this

I have the 4 kids that I nanny 24/7 this week. Their dad works in North Dakota two weeks on two weeks off, and their mom is on a trip in California. We are on day three out of five, so I am more than halfway done. I have had three people tell me that doing this is great birth control, but all that I can think is, "I want this."

I am currently listening to the three boys play some made up game with a blanket, and I love it. I love the laughter and joy that they get from such a simple game.

We went to Sams Club last night in a Suburban and bought six icees. As we were driving home listening to Despicable Me 2 playing, I couldn't help but think how fun it was.

I've helped with homework, and helped Ruger with his letters and sounds so that he can hopefully get his alphabet crown.

I've been handcuffed and thankfully let go more times than you can imagine.

I've watched Tom & Jerry, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Camp Rock, Paw Patrol, Scooby Doo, Team Umizoomi, Bubble Guppies, and probably a couple other shows.

I've given baths and had my pants soaked in the process.

I've been woken up by little boys going to the bathroom, and shutting our bedroom door so that they don't wake us.

I've gone through all of their names to eventually get to the name of the child that I was talking to. Doesn't help that all of the boys' names end in 'er'. Hunter, Ruger, Bridger, and baby on the way, Sawyer.

I've gotten kids on the bus and picked them up from the after school program.

Sorry it's a bit  blurry, but she can't sit still.

I've spent half an hour braiding wet hair so that it will be wavy for school the next day.

I've gotten countless hugs and "squishy face."

I've made kids stand with their nose on the wall for doing something they shouldn't have.

I've made four cups of chocolate milk and four ham sandwiches at a time.

I know it isn't all fun and games. Believe me, I know that it isn't, but I also know that the good and the fun has always outweighed any of the bad that I have had with these kids.

I might not want to jump into having four kids ages 3-8, but I wouldn't mind starting out with one. If children come before I am finished with my degree, then so be it. I know that I would still get my degree, and I would be absolutely ecstatic to enjoy these things every day while getting it. I just know that whenever we do have children I will be more than ready because I truly want this.

This is not meant to be taken as "we're trying to have children and hope it happens right now." So please don't take it that way and get ideas in your head. 

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

4 comments

  1. I love being a Mom! You will be such a great mommy :) I am so blessed to have you as my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you mom! You are definitely the best mom that I have ever had ;)

      Delete
  2. Being the mom is the best thing ever. Your gonna be a great mom when your turn comes. Especially with all the practice your getting!

    ReplyDelete