Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

6 Freezer Meals Follow Up

This is a follow up post to this post that I did a few months ago. Some of the recipes were successes and some of them were not so successful.

Hearty beef stew.
This was super good, and it made a lot. I think that there was enough left overs for Taylor to take to work for the next two days. He says that this one was his favorite. I would make this again in a heart beat.

Chicken Teriyaki.
Not too bad. The pineapple tasted really good, and I liked the carrots as well. We didn't really have any leftovers of this one since I only made it with two chicken breasts.

Ham and scalloped potatoes. 
Pretty good. I left this to thaw in the sink the night before and in the morning the potatoes were black and soggy when I woke up. I just took them out and chopped some new ones and it turned out fine. I would make this one again.

Sweet and sour chicken
I don't know what I did wrong with this one, but it was not good at all. I forgot to turn the crock pot on before we left for church so I cooked it on high for a shorter time instead of on low for a longer time. Maybe that is why it tasted bad... I don't even think that either of us could finish it it was just not good. 

Honey chicken
Taylor liked this one more than I did. It wasn't bad. I feel like I'm being under enthusiastic about it, but I would probably made it again. I do wish that there was more to it, meaning veggies or something. 

Hawaiian Chicken
This tastes a lot better than it looks. It had good flavor to it. 

No comments