Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

A Minor Accident

This Saturday Taylor and I had the chance to go snowboarding again. We went with his brother and two of his roommates. The weather was a bit cold, but otherwise perfect. About halfway done the mountain on our first run down Johnathan(roommate) accidentally ran into tackled me. I saw him coming at the last minute and put my hands up to try and protect myself. I probably would have been better if I just took the hit because it ended up hurting my thumb.

Swollen up right after it happened, and bruised two days later. I know it doesn't look like much, but it was so swollen in person and I definitely don't bruise easily. 

Now I know what you're thinking.. Really Rachel? A poor hurt thumb is worthy of a blog post? My answer would be no, but I've never broken, sprained, or dislocated anything before. I've had more than my fair share of stitches and staples, and even had a chunk of my hair ripped out by a kitchen aid, but this was a new kind of pain for me. Baton twirling was my sport growing up, and you don't usually get more than bruises, burnt hair, and headaches from twirling.

To top the night off I forgot my jacket (I wore a fleece jacket up there) so we split Taylor's in half.

Of course it was on our first run, but I wasn't about to waste the money that we spend for me to snowboard so I sucked it up and went on with the night. I don't have any clue what I did to it, but it still hurts. The worst thing is that it hasn't gotten me out of doing the dishes or any other chores. I didn't realize that life without a thumb can be so hard.

It was gorgeous on our first ride up the ski lift

I didn't have to work yesterday so today is my first day wearing jeans since it happened. I thought pulling up my sweatpants was a task so let's see how buttoning my jeans go. haha Maybe TMI, but it is what it is.

No comments