Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

False Alarm

Last night Taylor and I shut off the lights and climbed in to bed around 10:30 like any other night. (I know we have to be the lamest young couple in the world) Well five minutes later I think that I am hearing some sort of beeping so I ask Taylor to go see what is making the noise. A minute later I get up and flip on all the lights and we realize that it is our downstairs neighbor's smoke alarm going off. All three of them. The biggest problem is that we know that our neighbors aren't home. So here we are 10:40 at night calling the man that owns our apartment unsure of what to make of this.

This isn't entirely relevant to this story. I just love this quote.
(via)

He said that he would try to get a hold of the people the live below us, and if he couldn't them he would come over himself. Well twenty minutes later and he finally got here. This gave me plenty of time to think. A little bit too much time to think actually. What would we do if this did burn our apartment down? Thank goodness that we have renters insurance. If this place was to burn down right now what would I grab first? What would I be the most upset about if I lost it forever?

Truthfully there isn't all that much that couldn't be fairly easily replaced. I figured that I would probably want to grab my laptop and the iPad considering that I'm taking an online class right now, but really that is what I would be worried about grabbing? In the end I realized that the man standing in the room with me looking out the window to see if anyone was here yet is the most important thing that I would want to make sure I got out.

It is not the material things that matter to me at all. I could do without them, but I could never live without Taylor. He makes me so happy. He truly is the love of my life. I'm grateful for this little experience to be a reminder to me of the blessings that I have and the blessing of my sweet husband.

I'm not entirely sure what was going on with their smoke detectors, but I know that there wasn't a fire. I heard something about heaters, wiring, and smoke, but I don't know what happened. All that I know is that thankfully we still have our apartment, all of our stuff, and our happy as can be marriage.

No comments