Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

6 Freezer Meals

I spontaneously decided to make some freezer meals this past weekend. We were already planning a grocery shopping trip so I figured, why not? I was planning to do more than what I did, but it turns out that I am fairly picky. I found all of my recipes off of pinterest.

I made..
Sweet and sour chicken
Chicken teriyaki
Hawaiian chicken
Hearty beef stew
Ham and scalloped potatoes
Honey garlic chicken

I didn't add peppers to any of the recipes that called for them because I don't like them. I had many of the ingredients already, and I halved some of the recipes. I spent about 40 dollars at Winco which would make each meal $6.67. At least two recipes (ham and potatoes and beef stew) will be enough for two meals for us. So technically it is 8 meals for 40 dollars. I still had leftover carrots, stew meat, onion soup mix, cheese, an onion, sauce, and honey.

 All of the food :) (the big white bag is potatoes that we got for free )

It was hard to figure out exactly where to start, but once I got going it wasn't too bad. Taylor chopped things up for me as I needed, and I filled the bags. I did the recipes one at a time rather than trying to figure out all six at once. I wrote on the bags what it was and how long it needed to cook for before I put anything into it. I figured I'll look up the recipe when I make them so I know if I need to do anything else or add anything rather than writing a ton of the bags. Pretty much every recipe said to take it out the day before and thaw it out in the fridge before cooking.


It really wasn't too hard, and now I have 6 meals ready at any time. I can't wait to try them!

2 comments

  1. You just inspired me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking to see which ones you liked best and then make them myself! I loooove freezer meals!

    ReplyDelete