Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Holiday Long Weekend

We went to my in-laws for Thanksgiving since Pennsylvania is a little too far. We left before seven so that we could see the parade when we got there. The boys enjoyed some NBA on the Xbox before the feast while the girls watched and prepped. The feast was scrumptious! I contributed some pretzel salad for the feast and  a pumpkin cake roll for dessert. They both turned out really good for my first time making them :)


After the feast the boys went dirt biking and the girls had craft time. Dessert was served, and then things calmed down a bit as Jordan and Kayleigh went to see her family and Sheldon went black Friday shopping with his cousins. We left a while later and took Taylor's younger brother, Nathan, home with us so that we could go black Friday shopping in the morning.

We woke up early and headed out in search of a couple of things. Taylor's mom and Sheldon met us a little while later, and we all had a great time. You know, the five of us in one car tired and cranky haha. But it really was fun.


Taylor and I couldn't help, but to enjoy our five dollar Monopoly game find later that afternoon. I ended up getting my butt kicked, but next time I'm going to take all of his money!

The rest of the weekend was spent catching up on sleep, and getting back to our simple lives. We babysat the kids I watch Saturday, and taught a primary class on Sunday. Having such a hectic couple of days made me so thankful for the simplicity that is mine and Taylor's lives.


One other thing that happened on Thanksgiving was that I got to open my Christmas present from Taylor and his parents early. Heck to the freaking yes my husband is the best! I was not expecting this gift whatsoever, but I am so so happy about it. It explained why he was making me wait until black Friday to buy this other nativity that I wanted. (I obviously don't want the other one anymore) I have wanted a Willow Tree nativity for a long time, but I never thought that I would actually get one. He couldn't have picked out a more perfect present for me. It was possibly the best part of Thanksgiving :)


I have to stop and admire this every time I come in or out of the apartment. I'm not sure that I'll stop doing that any time soon either. I just love it so much :)

1 comment

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL nativity! And a nice place to have it displayed! I've been wanting to get mine out, but my apartment is too small to have a place to put them! Count your blessings ;)

    merryhappyolsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete