Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Ornament Wreath

After Thanksgiving dinner the boys went for a dirt bike ride and the girls had craft time. We got our inspiration from this picture, and just kind of did our own thing with it. We really had no idea what we were doing, but they turned out well.


We started by tying and hot gluing the ribbon on since it gets covered by ornaments, and it would be much hard or possibly even impossible to put on after the ornaments were on. We did the letter next, but it can be done after your ornaments are on as well. The letter was a bit tricky since the wreath didn't touch the letter in very many places. You kinda have to work with a bit and just try to get glue in as many places as possible.


I started with one ornament and went from there. Just like the initial, the ornaments won't touch in very many places, but I also glued them to each other so they would be more secure. I didn't go in any certain order. I just did what i thought looked right, and tried to keep as much of the wreath hidden. I didn't cut the tops off, but I did turn them so that you couldn't see any of them. I did all of my big ornaments before I put on the small ones. Any gaps that I had between the big ornaments were covered nicely by the small ones.

The ornaments will make it heavy on one side so you should take that into consideration when deciding where to put your ribbon. Mine ended up being totally crooked when I tried to hang it up. Luckily, I was able to get some ribbon through a different spot that would make it hang straight. 

I think what I loved the most about these is that they can be done in so many different ways. 

Taylor's mom's wreath.

My wreath

Kayleigh's wreath (sister-in-law)

I believe that our wreaths were 18 inch wreaths, and our ornaments were bought from Target and Walmart. The snowflakes just happened to be in my box of small ornaments. The ribbon was some that my mom and I picked up last year after Christmas that was left over from my wedding. 

5 comments

  1. I love your color choice! They look easy enough I might be able to do that. Sooo cute!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love how they all turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING this! Such a good idea! I love crafty things! =)

    www.djpetersen1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete