Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Pumpkin Carving and Decor

This October has been filled with so much fall fun. I'm sad to see it leaving, but I can't wait for October next year. I love getting to decorate my own apartment, and go on fall dates. We've fit in more batches of pumpkin cookies then we should admit to, watched Hocus Pocus, went to Dr. Slaughters, a corn maze, carved pumpkins, and made caramel apples.


Taylor takes his pumpkin carving very seriously. I don't think they would ever admit it, but Taylor and his twin compete to see who can can carve a better pumpkin every year. His pumpkin came out pretty cool. 


I chose a much simpler design, but sometimes less is more. I don't have the patience to do something intricate. I always forget how much fun it is to see your freshly carved pumpkin all lit up.

Taylor and I decided that we are going to get decorations little by little every year so that we don't have to spend a fortune all at once. This is what we have found this year.

We picked up these skeletons for a dollar at the Dollar Tree. They started out sitting nicely on the bookshelf and TV stand, and then Taylor and Sheldon moved them around. We came home one night after Sheldon had been in our apartment, and found them laying in our bed tucked in on each of our sides. 

Terrible picture, but I got the pumpkins at Target for a dollar each as well in their dollar spot.


I made this wreath back in September. It is the most expensive Halloween decor, but I like it. I bought ribbon at Walmart, Micheals, and Ebay which gave me such a wide selection to choose from. I measured each kind of ribbon, cut them the length I liked, and tied them on in a random order. The ribbon looked nicer when I first made it, but 35 mph winds haven't been very nice to it. The bats were super easy to make, and I love them. I traced a bat i printed off of the computer, bent the wings out a little, and hung them up with some blue tacky stuff. Now that the hard work is done I can't wait to use them year after year.


This 'Spooky' sign doesn't have a good home yet, but he has been working it on top of the stove. I found it for three dollars at Seagull Book. I love finding random cute decorations for super cheap. It makes them so much better.

Happy Halloween!

2 comments

  1. Super cute! I love your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Halloween activity is very interesting. We don't do it here in our place, maybe because we find it unethical to carve pumpkins as if we're making fun of a vegetable. But seriously, I am amazed with how talented those who could carve. Thanks for these pumpkin carving ideas . I would love to list them on my collection please. Cheers and good day always!

    ReplyDelete