Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Trying Times

Sometimes life is hard and it sucks, and sometimes life gets better.

Months ago Taylor and I made some mistakes which changed all of our plans. In attempting to make things right again we went through some hard things. We were kicked out of school until September, we gave up a temple marriage, we lost money to housing, and we spent the last few months of our engagement in a long distance relationship.


It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life. I felt completely alone, and I had no idea how to get though it, let alone plan a civil ceremony. Until we were married all that I did was work, watch Grey's Anatomy, and spend my weekends in Grace. I only looked forward to the weekends, and the week that I would see my family. I was basically living my life for the future, and hating dealing with the present.

We were doing everything like we were supposed to, but it still felt like nothing was going right for us. There were constant bumps coming up along the road. At times I really didn't know if we would make it out of this mess. There is no way we would have made it out if it wasn't for the Atonement and the repentance process.


Eventually things have to work out, and they did. I have my endorsement back for school, I will probably be going through the temple in three or four months, and we will be sealed in the temple in a yearish. Most importantly, I am very happily married to my best friend.

2 comments

  1. Ohhh I sure love you Rachel! I'm so impressed with your maturity and how you're taking accountability, while at the same time understanding that your mistakes don't define you. I'm sorry it's been rough, but I'm glad that through the Atonement you and Taylor have been able to get through everything. You're a superstar!! I'm so excited for you to receive your endowments and for you and Taylor to have a temple marriage! Let me know when you go through the temple; if it's okay with you I'd love to be there :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jana! I will definitely let you know :)

    ReplyDelete