Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Weekend Getaway

We just got back from a long weekend in Pennsylvania. It was an exhausting trip, but it was so much fun! We ventured out there for my brother's wedding and managed to fit in lots of other things as well.

We left Thursday night after we got off work for Salt Lake City and flew out early Friday morning. It was so exciting knowing that at the end of the day I would be seeing my family. Although, we had a lot of traveling to do before that happened. We got our tickets a little late so we weren't sure what our seats would be. Taylor and I were lucky enough to get a seat next to each other on our second flight, and I made myself nice and comfy. 11 hours of flying/driving later and we made it to my parent's house.

Saturday was the wedding day. There wasn't time for much before we started getting ready and the fun began. Her dress was absolutely stunning! They were married in Ashley's beautiful church filled with stained glass windows. The ceremony was really nice and after many pictures we headed over to the reception. The night was filled with family, food, and dancing. I loved her centerpieces. They were simple, but perfect. I'm so glad that these two finally tied the knot.


One of the best parts of being home was getting to spend Memorial Day at my family's lake house. I spent many summers there when I was younger. Hot dogs were roasted, and my dad and Taylor spent time trying out the new sailboat. There was also plenty of time spent with my sweet niece Raelyn. She is so stinkin' cute. I can't believe how much she has grown. Leaving her knowing that the next time I would see her she would be walking and starting to talk was so hard.


One thing I always seem to forget when I'm away from home is how green it is and how many trees there are. It is green everywhere you look. Everyone out here can keep their ugly brown and flat space because I would prefer trees any day. I can't even explain how different it is. 


It was a great weekend. I love being home, and being with my family. Every time I go home I miss it more and more when I leave. Coming home and adjusting back to working was not easy. I hope that one day Taylor and I might end up there, but for now I am just enjoying the ride.


No comments