Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Week 27 Bumpdate: Hello Third Trimester!

I feel like this bump has really made its appearance in the last week or two.
It's the strangest thing to look in the mirror and not see my normal figure.

How far along? 27 weeks. 13 weeks left.. Whaaaat! 
Total weight gain: +6. bleh.
Maternity clothes: I have learned the joy that only those in maternity jeans know. They are sent straight from heaven I tell you. I found two pairs of jeans and two shirts at Ross last weekend which have been life savers.The dress pictured above is a 6 dollar maternity find from the DI. It's not my favorite, but next to none of my dresses fit anymore so I had to find something. 
Stretch marks: Not any yet.
Sleep: I'm still sleeping well without any extra pillows or anything which I am so grateful for. Sometimes I wake up with achy hips, but for the most part it isn't a problem.
Best moment this week: Taylor whispering to the baby. "Hey Hudson, this is your daddy speaking."
Miss anything? Getting up and picking things up has gotten more difficult so I do miss when doing those things was easier. 
Movement: I have an anterior placenta (simply meaning it's on top) so I feel like I miss out on feeling a lot of his movements, but the ones I do feel have definitely gotten stronger. I absolutely love sitting in class and feeling him kick and squirm around. 
Food cravings: Sugar. Ice cream and candy. Smarties. Yummmm.
Anything making you sick or queasy: The smell of this canned Chinese food thing that we had for dinner last night. Yuck.
Gender: A baby boy.
Labor signs: None.
Symptoms: Back pain, leg cramps while sleeping, and peeing more often. I can not have to pee for the whole hour that I sit in a class, but the second I stand up it hits me.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy for the most part.
Looking forward to: Fall, boots, corn mazes, and pumpkin everything. I LOVE fall.

Things are going pretty well overall. I'm still feeling good, but tired at times. Whether that is due to the third trimester starting or having to get up so early for class I'm not sure. It is definitely a challenge being pregnant and going to school at the same time, but I know it isn't as hard as going to school with a child. The semester ends a week before I'm due so we're really hoping that I don't have to experience the with a child part this semester.


Hudson's nursery is coming along great. We got the picture ledge hung up this past weekend with a few prints, and I feel like it really added a lot to the room. Once it is finished I will gladly share pictures of the whole room. We still need so much for this boy which kind of overwhelms me at times. I know that we will get what we need in time, but I just want to be prepared already. I was able to get 140 pieces of clothes ranging from newborn to 18 months from a lady for 65 dollars. There are still some gaps that we will need to fill in, but it has given us a great starting point to know what we need more of.

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

No comments