Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Rambling Thoughts

Yesterday was hard. Like, cry more than once at two different times of the day hard. It was a day that had me thinking, "Why me? Why does this have to happen at this time?" It's hard to work so hard for everything that we have and feel like we are being hit left and right with things that are taking it away.

Monday night we went to bed with the heat on. Tuesday morning we woke up to a house that was 63 degrees. Our furnace was broken and there was nothing we could do to fix it but call someone. We finally got someone to come yesterday and in his words, "I tell people not to buy a house that has this brand and model of furnaces in them because they just don't work like they should. They're a bad model of furnaces." It turns out that they don't make many of the parts anymore and it is likely to keep breaking down. I wanted to hear none of this.

His next words I wanted to hear even less. "There goes your Christmas, am I right?" You better believe there goes our Christmas because we don't have an extra $2,500 laying around for this type of thing. There goes our Christmas, Taylor buying a truck, and buying anything besides groceries..

I'm twenty-one. I'm a twenty-one year old that is about to spend $2,500 on a new furnace while expecting a baby in less than three months. I never thought that I would face these problems at twenty-one, but I am.

This morning I woke up with a better attitude. It was a new day, and my terrible Thursday was over. I have accepted that we have to spend way more money than I want to fix/replace our furnace. Then I got a shovel full of dirt thrown in my face at preschool that went down my shirt and stayed there until preschool was over.

And you know what? Life kept going on. Life is hard. Oh so very hard, but I survived a terrible Thursday and woke up to a new day. And I am simply grateful for the new day. Even if it did include way more dirt than I wanted it to.


 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

4 comments

  1. Ah man I'm so sorry :( That sounds terrible! I hope you have some better luck in the upcoming days and weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right that shopping for a new furnace isn't a task everyone likes, but it has to be done once the inevitable happens. Some newer models are energy efficient and can help in lowering power bills, so be on the watch for those. I hope you guys get to solve this issue soon. Good luck!

    Shelley Coday @ C&C Heating & Air Conditioning

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad about the broken furnace, Rachel. I can only imagine how bothered about the additional expenses you were for a replacement furnace. However, I believe it’s better to replace the unit as soon as possible, than being uncomfortable in the coming winter. Anyway, I am looking forward to reading an update about your broken furnace, your new baby, and your happy holidays. Take care!

    Tommy Hopkins @ AccuTemp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry you had to go through this unfortunate situation. Maintaining a house is very difficult, and can be quite pricey. Anyway, I hope you’re not encountering problems with the furnace anymore. Thanks for sharing this with us, Rachel. Take care!


    Rosa Nelson @ HVAC Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete