Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Dear Hudson

Dear Hudson,

I find myself sitting in the glider in your room more than I thought I would. I sit here and think about all of the memories that we are going to make with you. I am astounded that a baby boy will be sleeping in this crib that is next to me and filling up our quiet house in such a short time.

Some days I feel so ready for you to come while other days I am more than okay with you staying safe in your little haven. It's such a big scary world out here, and I know that I can protect you for now. I worry about all the ways that I am sure to screw you up, but I am excited for all of the things that I want to teach you. How to say that you're sorry and mean it. How to treat a lady with respect. How to be nice to other people. How to worship God and show your love for Him. How to stand up for your future younger siblings. I am so lucky to be your mother and be the one who gets to teach you all of these things.

I am your mother. Just thinking about those words brings tears to my eyes. Heavenly Father has certainly blessed us with this miracle. I'm so young and so worried about how all of this is going to work out, but then I think about how wonderful it is going to be.

You already have the best father. I am so grateful that we were blessed with you as our joyful accident because I don't think your father would have lasted much longer without a child of his own to love. He is always sure to say hi to you whenever he gets the chance. He gets excited every time he feels you move, and you usually put on a show for him so he has a reason to be excited.

I can't wait for you to make your grand entrance into the world. I really can't believe that it is less than two months away until you will be here filling up all of the clothes in your closet. Everyone is so excited to meet you and love you. You are already so loved by your family, and especially by your father and I.

Love,
Mom

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

No comments