Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

It's not my time

Taylor and I had made a time line of how we wanted things to work out when we first got married. When we wanted to have kids, when we would buy a house, and how other things would go were included in our plan. For a little while we truly thought that we had a lot of life figured out, but we were very quickly reminded that things do not happen in our time.

The first time we were reminded of this was when we being the process of buying a house. We talked to a lender back in February but had to wait until July before we would be able to close on a house. Okay, no big deal we were mostly fine with waiting. I realize now that the house we are in wasn't an option when we were first looking.


The biggest way that we have been reminded of our life being on His time was getting pregnant when we did. I haven't kept it a secret that we accidentally got pregnant. Before this I didn't even believe in accidentally getting pregnant, but here I am almost 23 weeks into an unplanned pregnancy. I truly did not believe that it was real for weeks, and even still I'm amazed that we are going to have a tiny human in a few short months. We weren't upset by the life changing news, but it wasn't how we had planned our time. After watching my four month old nephew, Maverick, overnight I certainly hope that the Lord knows what he is doing because I am not ready to give up my sleep yet..

I wanted and honestly thought that we were going to have a girl. But that was not in the Lord's plan and timing. I don't know if the next child we have will be a girl or if we will ever have a girl, but it doesn't matter. I now realize that a boy feels so right for us at this time. The Lord absolutely knew better than I did. Which shouldn't surprise me at all.


While I might have been upset at different times in the middle of these lessons, I am so grateful to have been reminded that I need to have complete faith in the Lord. He knows what is best for me and our family. He has a plan for me, and I need to trust that He knows what he is doing.


 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

No comments