Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

The Fourth, Family, Food, Fun, and Fireworks

Let me start this off by saying I LOVE the Fourth of July! I love seeing everyone in red, white, and blue. I love the traditions. I love the barbecuing. I love the parades. I love the American pride. I love all of it

At home we would always go out to my family's lake house, but I don't have that opportunity to do that out here. Lucky for me I get to adopt Taylor's family's traditions instead. We went down to Grace on the third and had a movie party on the back of his parent's house. We used a projector for the movie and had all the snacks and goodies we could ever want. 


We started off the day with a parade in Soda Springs. If you know how small Soda Springs is then you can only imagine how tiny of a parade it was. We hung out for a little while afterwards, enjoyed some brother bonding, and then headed back to Grace to go riding. 

 That little snow spot is where we were headed, and the view from the top by snow spot. 
When you get up in the mountains it starts to look a little like Pennsylvania. 
Last year on the mountain and this year.

Every year Taylor's family goes on a big family ride up to the top of a mountain, hangs out for a while, and then heads home for a barbecue lunch. We didn't stay for very long because it started to thunder and then rain, but it was still a lot of fun, and I got to drive the Rzr part of the time :) We had a great lunch with lots of yummy food thanks to my mother-in-law. Taylor and I then headed back to Idaho Falls to get cleaned up and see the fireworks. 


These fireworks are said to be the biggest show east of the Mississippi. After seeing the fireworks at the Celebrate America festival I'm not sure if that is correct. We both liked the fireworks in Driggs better, but we're still going to go to Idaho Fall's show every year because it isn't the Fourth without fireworks. There are lots of booths selling things, and tons of people. We kept ourselves entertained with a deck of cards, and snacks while we waited for the fireworks to start. All in all I would say that it turned out to be a great Fourth of July.

No comments