Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

I Scream for Ice Cream

Growing up in in the east, or at least north eastern Pennsylvania, you are practically raised on ice cream. Between Turkey Hill's 2 for $5 sale every other month and all the soft serve places we had ice cream on a regular basis. Within a five mile radius of the house I grew up in there is three different ice cream shops. Sadly, Idaho doesn't seem to value ice cream like they should. Idaho seems to have a weird obsession with snow cones and frozen yogurt. Don't get me wrong, I love Kiwi Loco, but I miss going out for ice cream after band concerts and recitals as a family. I know McDonald's and Burger King have their cheap cones, but it isn't the same.


One of the best things about Taylor serving his mission in Pennsylvania is that he knows exactly what I mean and can complain about some of the same things. Lucky for me he was craving ice cream the other day so he took me to Cold Stone. I had never eaten there before, and I loved it. We ate it late enough in the day that it pretty much turned into our dinner. You definitely can't go wrong with ice cream this summer since it's been so flippin' hot outside.

I suppose the point of this post is just to say I love ice cream and Idaho needs to get more soft serve places :)

No comments