Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Hudson's First Birthday Party: A WInter Onederland

We threw Hudson a winter onederland birthday party a week before he turned one. I wanted as much family as possible to be there, and it was the only day that would work for his Aunt Brei, Uncle Lehi, and his cousin Maverick since they are moving to Texas the day before his birthday. I'm not going to lie it was a lot of work since I also had a ton of things going on for school, but it turned out SO cute and was worth all of the work.

I'm just going to go ahead and do a picture dump from the party considering blogger just uploaded pictures that I thought I had deleted and none of them are cropped or edited anymore. Thanks but no thanks blogger. Oh well.

We had a chili (Chilly) bar of sorts

I made divinity (snow balls), chocolate covered pretzels (icicles), veggies with ranch (snow), punch with ice cream(ice bergs), and the we had silver wrapped hershey's kisses, some snowflake fruit snack things found in winco's bulk food section, and some cookies n' cream round pieces. 

I loved his cake. We just picked it up at Walmart, but the blue fit the theme perfectly!







These three boys were super cute together
(Maverick, Connor, and Hudson)

How can you not love this cute boy?!
His shirt said "It's my birthday" and had a Trex riding a bicycle. Thank you gymboree clearance.




They decided that climbing on top of the presents was the greatest thing ever.


Don't let this picture fool you he was terrible at opening presents haha. 
He just wanted to keep playing with the one that was opened instead of opening more. 

Wanting nothing to do with opening more presents ha. 





Maverick pretty much stole the present show opening presents for Hudson and playing with all of Hudson's new toys. 



He loved the cake. 
Although it doesn't look like it, he ate his cake quite daintily. (Is that even a word? Is now.)


We were so very grateful for the family that attended and for all the new toys that Hudson received. He was getting awfully bored with all of the toys that he had. I truly can't believe that my baby has turned one. It has been such a great year with him in our lives. I would never take back getting pregnant and having him. I'm amazed at how perfectly he has fit into our lives. There isn't a doubt in my mind that he was meant to be with us at this time in our lives. I just want everyone to have babies so that they can experience the true joy that they bring haha.

Eventually I will get around to posting Hudson's cake smash pictures from a mini session that we did with him and posting a video of his first year, and then maybe I will be done with birthday posts. Probably not though ha.

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

No comments