Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

10 Days With Grandma and Poppy

We were very blessed to have my parents come and spend some time with us at the beginning of the new year. It was easily the best 10 days of 2015 so far. They came to bring my sister to school and to spend some time with their children and grandchildren. They arrived on New Year's day and it was like we had never spent any time apart. They brought gifts for Hudson and Gertrude Hawks for us. Yum chocolate!

We started their time here by moving my sister, Rebekah, into her apartment in Rexburg. It was fun to watch her go through the same experiences that I went through just a few years prior. She is even living in the same apartment complex that I lived in my first semester which brought back so many memories. I was a bit jealous as I watched my mom help her unpack her things and get settled since I was moved in my brother, but I'm so excited for her.

We had the opportunity to bless Hudson while they were here. (It's own post to come) A lot of family members came to town for it which meant that my parents got to see more family while they were here than they would have otherwise.

We spent the rest of their time here hanging out at my house, spending time at Lehi and Breis, and snuggling my sweet babe. It was a low key week, but it was perfect.


Taylor went back to work on the Monday after they got here. I'm not sure I would have survived that week without the help of my mom. She cleaned my house, did dishes, changed many diapers, snuggled Hudson, and let me nap. She helped me with anything I needed and was more than willing to take Hudson whenever I asked her to.


I love how the light looks. My dad did good work :)

My dad willingly watched Hudson when my mom and I wanted to run to the store, and snuggled him on occasion. (He's a bigger fan of children when they can interact with him) We had traveled somewhere and my dad was in the back seat with Hudson. When I asked my dad to do something his response was, "I can't move. Hudson has my finger." He definitely still thinks that he is a funny man. He gave us our Christmas present while he was here which was installing an overhead light in our living room.


This was a typical day at my house while they were here. When you don't have cable and only get a few local stations you spend your time watching Netflix on whatever technology you have.



Saturday came all too quickly and it was time to say goodbye. Many tears were shed (mainly by my mom and I but I know you cried too dad), and then they were off to catch their flight. It was so hard to have them leave and adjust back to a quieter house with less people. I'm so grateful that they were able to come out here and spend some time with us. I know how much it costs and how many different sacrifices they have to make to be able to come. I've said this many times before and it is even more true today, I have the best parents. And that means that my child has the best grandparents.

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

No comments