Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

December 2019


We finished getting the house decorated for Christmas
I let the kids do whatever they wanted with the downstairs tree which meant a lot of ornaments on the bottom in a few spots, but they were happy with it so I was too.

I got braces put on.
I was really hoping to just be able to do a retainer or something, but that was not the case.
It was miserable to say the very least.
I did not expect it to hurt so much, and being pregnant I could only take tylenol which did absolutely nothing.
Thankfully, my friends and family were there to comfort me during the sucky time.

The same day I got my braces on, we had Taylor's work Christmas party.
I was pretty bummed to miss out on some of the yummy food because my mouth was hurting so bad only an hour or two after I got my braces on, but the kids had a great time.


Macey got her first hair cut.
She looked sooooo much better and has been getting regular haircuts ever since because it turns out she's easier to love when she isn't shaggy and stinky haha.

Hudson turned 5!
He remained somewhere in the 20th and 30th percentile for height and weight.
At 5 years old he loves transformers, dinosaurs, playing with friends, riding his bike, and preschool.
He's a social butterfly, but loves to be at home.


We had a little get together for him with some family and a few of his friends.
We kept it simple with some pizza and cake.
I didn't really do a theme at all, BUT we did do a pinata and that made all of his dreams come true.

The same night of his party we did Christmas with Taylor's parents.
The kids loved their gifts, and it was fun to start the Christmas craziness.
I'm not sure if our little Elsa loving Ella loved her huge doll house more or Avery's frozen castle.
That evening it was definitely the frozen castle because her doll house had to be put together and there wasn't enough time since it was already past bedtime.

We told everyone on social media we were pregnant,


Hudson got a hoverboard for his birthday.
A few days later Avery wasn't watching where she was going and tripped over the hoverboard while holding a sippy cup.
The result was a chipped front tooth.
Luckily,  there was no long term hurt caused by the chip, just a goofy smile until her tooth falls out in a few years.

My sister and her husband came up for a visit to celebrate Hudson's birthday and Christmas with us.
She had gotten a new car since the last time I saw her, and it just so happened to be my car's twin!
The interiors are different colors, but from the outside you would almost never know the difference. 

While they were here we took the kids to see Santa at Cabela's.
The line was really long, so I don't recommend waiting until that late in the month to go.
Hudson asked for Rescue Bot transformers and Ella asked for an Elsa doll.

That night we drove around to look at Christmas lights and light shows.
After the kids were in bed Bekah and I made some Christmas candies.
Most of the treats we made with no problem, but the dang Boston creme fudge gave us a serious run for our money. I think we tried and failed at least 4 times that evening.. We video chatted my dad the next morning, and he walked us through it, and it FINALLY turned out thanks to his help. It was worth the effort, but I don't know if we'll be brave enough to try it again next year.

Christmas Sunday.
My sister joined us for church and then headed back to Utah afterwards.


My brother came up for a visit.
We had our Christmas dinner with him a few days early.
Macey met Zeppelin for the first time or one of the first times.
Zeppelin tolerated her at best haha.



Christmas morning!
Hudson asked for rescue bot transformers, and Ella asked for an Elsa doll.

It's a magical chaos full of happy children.

Taylor got me an iMac,, but we ended up returning it and redoing the floors upstairs instead.
I got him


As a part of my parents' Christmas present for the kids they bought rock holds so we could make a rock wall in the basement.
I painted the mountains a week or two before Christmas, and Taylor put the rock holds up after the kids went to bed on Christmas Eve. And somehow that was the only thing we had to put together on Christmas Eve this year. Which was a good thing because it was frustrating enough for Taylor haha.

No comments