Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Ella's Nursery

As much as I loved creating Hudson's nursery, I really loved creating Ella's.
The room is one of my favorites in this house.
It gets tons of light throughout the whole day.
It came together almost effortlessly, and is the perfect room for a little girl if you ask me.
Taylor's cousin, Kelsey, made this for Ella without ever seeing her room or knowing the colors, and it could not be more perfect.
`Her room wouldn't be complete without a pink tractor pillow pet that matches Hudson's red one.

The room was already painted gray by us a while ago, so I just had to add the striped wall. It was actually super easy to do. I measured the highest part of the wall and then divided it by and odd number which made the first and last stripe white. Having the first and last stripe be white meant that I didn't have to tape along the baseboard and most of the ceiling. I used a laser level to tape off the stripes, and the painting was super easy.

We'll probably get an area rug eventually to make it a little more cozy for Ella when she starts to play in here. I can't decide what color rug I want to get, so for now it will stay rugless.

One thing that's nice about having a second child is that their room is a lot cheaper to furnish.
The crib and glider were both Hudson's.
Dresser: Facebook sale page. I repainted it white and used the pink from the stripes. I diluted the pink with white paint to make it ombre.
Elephants: Hobby Lobby (on clearance!)
Glitter lamp: Target (on clearance!)
Elephant print: Hobby Lobby
"E": the wooden E is from hobby lobby and the flowers were from the dollar store

Hudson's nursery can be found here.

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

4 comments

  1. Appropriate that you have a striped wall, since that is how we did your wall when you were a toddler... which lasted less than a week before you covered it with marker, and your stripes were only 2 inches wide so it took a lot more time. Note to self, Ella would love a marker set for coloring. Wink, wink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a calming and beautiful room! I need a tour next time I come!!

    ReplyDelete