Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Hudson's Nursery Reveal

I was so excited to be buying a house after I found out that I was pregnant. It meant that I would get to create a nursery exactly how I wanted it to be.

I wanted his nursery to be simple and didn't want to spend a lot of money on it.

This picture was taken by Brittany Stanly Photography.
All other pictures are my own.
Wooden letters: Walmart $12 
Crib: Walmart

The glider doesn't really match the room, but we got it on clearance at Walmart and 
even more off for it being the display model. I believe that we paid around a hundred.
I love sitting in it and rocking my baby to sleep.


I bought the dresser from a Facebook sale page for $20.
I bought three sample cans of paint for 3 dollars each and a can of spray paint for a dollar.
I already had the white paint from painting ceilings and things in our house. 
The drawer pulls were the original ones just spray painted.
Cost of dresser: $33

Frames from thrift shops painted with leftover paint from the dresser.
Prints found here, here, and the print with Hudson's birth stats was made by my aunt.


Lamp was on clearance from Target for $5.
I used card stock I already had to cover it so it matched his room better.
Frames from the Dollar Tree. Print by me. 
I used Taylor's old dress shirt from his mission.


Every little boy needs his toys.
I love how the bins keep all of the smaller toys together and mess free.
Every child needs books


I kind of love this room that we have created for Hudson.
I love that I was able to make it personal and put my love for him into the room.
I love that for now it is all his.


 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

5 comments

  1. Rachel. You did AWESOME! Everything looks great and I especially love the dresser and all the framed prints! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH MY CUTEEEE! I am beyond impressed with the dresser!! I love the ombré and I haven't seen one like it before! So so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feel of this room! You guys did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you did a wonderful job in materializing the nursery you had in mind, Rachel! I think the room is perfectly simple, but comes with a dash of subtle flair. The blue gradient drawer is especially adorable. Kudos to you for decorating that! Hope to see more tours like that soon. :)

    Lynn Williamson @ DAL Builders

    ReplyDelete