Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Week 39 Bumpdate


How far along? 39 weeks. Baby is considered full term!
Total weight gain: +twenty something. I don't know what it is because I was distracted when I got weighed at my last appointment.
Maternity clothes: How could I possibly be fitting into anything else at this point? My next pregnancy I will be investing in some maternity leggings. If I wasn't so far into this pregnancy, then I would be buying a pair right now. 
Stretch marks: I don't think that they have been hurting as much recently. 
Sleep: Waking up every time I roll over, but still getting a decent amount of sleep. 
Best moment this week: Finishing the semester. I am SO excited to be done with school for a few months. 
Miss anything? Being able to move around with ease and walking like a normal person. 
Movement: Big pushes right into my ribs. Occasional hiccups. Taylor was finally able to watch my belly move with Hudson's movement. We've been trying to get him to see this happen for a week or two.
Food cravings: Sam's Club pretzels have been my love lately. 
Anything making you sick or queasy: I don't think so.
Gender: A baby boy.
Labor signs: I was checked at my last appointment and she said that baby's head is super low. I'm dilated to maybe a one and am 50-60% thinned. 
Symptoms: Round ligament pain. Back pain.
Belly button in or out? In. Well halfway in. The top half has poked out a bit. 
Wedding rings on or off? On. But I have definitely been swelling up a bit lately. 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, but oh so over being pregnant.
Looking forward to: Not being pregnant anymore. Meeting this babe! My parents coming. Our first Christmas as a family of three. 

I'm being induced tomorrow! TOMORROW, people! I asked at my appointment on Tuesday about being induced if I go over my due date at all and she reminded herself that I'm due on Christmas and asked if I was thinking the day after Christmas. I told her yes or sooner, and she said that she could check with the hospital to see if Friday would work. Like woahhh we're having a baby this week! Did not expect that when I went in for my regular appointment, but man am I excited/nervous/scared/happy/freaking out!

Surprisingly enough I'm a little sad that this pregnancy journey is about to be over. There is something incredible about feeling a baby's kicks and pushes and sharing your body for nine months. I'm not worried about missing this huge belly, but I am worried about missing all of the movements that we have shared over the past months. I know that it will be different when I get to hold him in my arms, but being pregnant is something else. 


 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

4 comments

  1. Hooray! What a great Christmas present! Congratulations! Can't wait to see your bundle of joy! P.S. If I were you, I'd still invest in a pair (or fifty) of maternity leggings! They are incredible! I am three months postpartum and still wear mine often... Plus, you can always save them for the next baby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you're having a baby!! Good luck and enjoy his cute little face :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Goodness! I can't wait to meet this little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you to have your little one!

    ReplyDelete