Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Weekend Trip: Mesquite

This past weekend Taylor and I went to Las Vegas and Mesquite, Nevada with Taylor's family. They have gone multiple times since Taylor and I started dating, but this is the first time that we were able to make it work for us to go too. Before this trip I had never been south of Salt Lake City out here which meant lots of new exploring for me. When we heard that his family was going again we immediately knew that we wanted to spend one day riding and the other day in Las Vegas since we were only an hour away from Vegas and I had never been there before. 

As boring as scenery pictures can sometimes be, I can't help but to post these. The west side of the country truly does have its own kind of beauty. I had never seen red rock before this trip, and I definitely never saw anything like the Virgin River Gorge before. It was absolutely stunning to drive through.

I didn't expect to drive through the corner of Arizona, but now I can add another state that I have been to!

We left at 3:30 Friday morning and arrived around 11 in Mesquite. The second we stepped out of the car I knew that it was going to be a great trip. The weather was absolutely stunning, and we were happy just to be away from our every day lives. Everyone grabbed some lunch, and then we headed up to the hills to go riding. 

I was able to see plenty of desert plants that I had never seen in real life before. 
The red circle is everyone sitting at the bottom of the hill. Crazy how high up they climb.

This is Taylor climbing the hill. It is what they do most of the time they are out riding. 


I sat and watched him ride for part of the time that we were out there. It was nice to sit in the sun and watch Taylor do something that he loves and enjoys doing. We also rode around and explored on the Rzr for a little while which is always fun. 

I learned that desert flowers are a real thing. 

So sunny and gorgeous!

This is getting long and the Vegas post is quite long so you will have to check back Thursday for a recap of our day in Vegas. It includes eight miles of walking, a swollen eye, and the smell of flowers.

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

No comments