Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Baby #2: Week 36 Bumpdate

How far along? 36 weeks. Less than a month left now!
Total weight gain: +18
Maternity clothes: Large basketball shorts are my most favorite thing ever to wear right now. I don't know how I didn't wear them as much with Hudson's pregnancy because I can't get enough of them this time. Otherwise it's maternity all the time except for a handful of shirts that aren't maternity that I can barely still get away with.
Sleep: I'm up once a night to go to the bathroom-usually around 2 AM. I have a hard time falling asleep and roll my giant self back and forth many times before I finally fall asleep. My daily naps have gotten a lot worse/shorter because I'm never comfortable.
Best moment this week: The weekend spent with my cute little family. We're really trying to make the most of the time we have left with only Hudson. We played outside, started some furniture refinish projects, went to church(Hudson LOVES nursery), ran errands, and just enjoyed time together. It was perfect.
Miss anything? Being able to breath with ease, and I really miss not feeling like a whale. I just feel huge these days.
Movement: Every single night at about 10 she has a little party. It doesn't help with my falling asleep issues haha. The rolling movements are in full swing. She spends quite a bit of time pushing herself against my right rib especially during my daily walks. 
Food cravings: I heard someone on the radio talking about tiger ears from the fair, and I really wanted one for a minute. Then I remembered that I have never even had one before and we aren't going to the fair, so I quickly talked myself out of that craving haha. 
Anything making you sick or queasy: I'm still having issues with getting light headed to the point of needing to lay down until it passes. 
Gender: Girl. Am I the only one worried that she is going to come out a boy? haha
Labor signs: I was awake way too much of Saturday night with contractions, but thankfully I haven't had any since. I've been going on daily 2 mile walks for a few months now, so I'm really hoping that these walks will pay off and I will have this baby early. 
Symptoms: Heartburn like crazy. Zantac has literally been the only thing to keep me sane (thank you Brei). Back pain, but what else could I expect when I've got this big beach ball belly to carry around? Sciatic nerve pain. It makes me walk with a limp sometimes which is pretty great. At least now I know how my grandma feels.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On. I don't want to jinx it, but I survived a summer pregnancy without ever having to take my rings off :)
Happy or moody most of the time: It depends how done with being pregnant I am for the day ;)
Looking forward to: SO much to look forward to! Possibly being induced. We discussed voluntary inductions at my appointment on Friday and I'm super tempted. I mean how can you not want to know exactly when this baby is coming so Aunt Bekah can request the day off to watch Hudson and Taylor can let his boss know exactly when he will be gone. More than anything I'm really looking forward to meeting this sweet baby girl :) I'm also super excited for my parents to come out here and to be able to do Halloween/fall things with them. We have a couple of mini trips planned for the upcoming Saturdays and I'm eagerly anticipating them.

37 week update from my pregnancy with Hudson found here.
There's a picture of me at 36 + 3 days in the post.



 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

3 comments

  1. I had to stop my walks a couple of months ago because of my varicose vein pain, but that did nothing to stop my early labor apparently....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you are most certainly not the only one worrying the baby will come out the opposite gender! I only post bumpdates once/month, but I spend the whole month adding things to it and then just finalize it the day before posting it. Just yesterday I wrote in my 9 month bumpdate: "Gender: It's a girl! :) though I'm still pretty paranoid that she'll come out a boy and her nursery will be all wrong! Haha :)"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks.
    see this

    ReplyDelete