Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Week 34 Bumpdate

Winter has arrived with crazy wind chills and snow

How far along? 34 weeks. Hudson is the size of a cantaloupe and weighs nearly 5 pounds
Total weight gain: +17
Maternity clothes: Not that I have a ton, but I'm really done buying any new maternity items and am just going to have to make what I already have work. This will be tricky since I can wear very few of my non maternity items and some maternity shirts aren't fitting well...
Stretch marks: I had a nice chat with my midwife about them. We've decided that they suck and the woman who can have five kids without getting a single stretch mark suck even more.
Sleep: We bought a body pillow for me a few weeks ago, but I have only used it a couple of times. I wake up multiple times a night to re-position.
Best moment this week: Finding the cutest fabric to make a blanket out of. Spoiler: It has tractors on it.. It's so perfect for my husband's son. I can't wait until I have time to make it.
Miss anything? Not feeling like a beached whale.
Movement: Alllllll the time. My right ribs are his favorite place to shove his foot. 
Food cravings: Maybe candy, but really nothing. It would make our lives easier if I did crave something because it would help us to know what to make for dinner. 
Anything making you sick or queasy: Nothing that comes to mind :)
Gender: Boy.
Labor signs: Hudson is head down! This can change at any time, but for right now he is right where we want him to be. 
Symptoms: Acid reflux. I thought that we had gotten this under control with the help of TUMS, but it has been bad this past week. Acne. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and tired.
Looking forward to: Thanksgiving break! I neeeeed a break from school. Black Friday shopping. Meeting this little boy that has been making my life difficult. Will he be as stubborn as I think he is from the way he is acting right now? Will he have blue eyes and blonde hair like both Taylor and I do? Will he be tall like his daddy or short like his mother?

Overall things are going really well. I've been measuring right on at every doctor's appointment that I've had, and they haven't had any concerns. 
Life is so busy with school, but I am grateful for it keeping me busy during this waiting time. 
We talked with our Bishop this past week about blessing Hudson, and everything should work out exactly how we want it to. 
We added a rug and a lamp to Hudson's nursery this past week which means that it is almost done and ready for him. I found and bought a diaper bag that I liked and crib sheets have been ordered. We're slowly getting everything checked off of our list.

Time, please move just a little faster...

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

3 comments

  1. My mom and I always loved Hudson for a boy name, but being that my last name is Hutson, it just won't work. lol. I'm only 23 weeks, but I drank coffee the other morning and had heartburn/acid reflex all day. :(
    Will be looking for nursery pics soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see how that won't work with your last name haha. My only suggestion is lots and lots of tums! Sometimes they do help.

      Delete
  2. You look darling! I can't believe how close it's getting, so fun.

    ReplyDelete