Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

January

Am I the only one that feels like January was forever long? Maybe it's because we're really trying to stick to a budget and I was ready for the next month to start so our budget would reset. Or maybe it's because we kept getting inches and inches of never ending snow. Either way I am so glad the month is over. 

Thankfully January wasn't all bad, and we did manage to have some good times. 

Hudson and Ella's relationship continues to grow and develop. 
He'll let us place her on his couch with him as long as she isn't touching him. 
He'll hold her and lay with her on occasion.
The second that he hears Ella waking up and making noise he runs to her room, opens the door, runs to her, and say "hi Elwa" over and over again.
Now that Ella has started to play with some toys, Hudson has started to take her toys from her and say "mine" with a big grin on his face.
Basically, the fun of having two kids less than two years apart is just beginning.

I redid our ward's primary board for the new year's theme just in time to get released from the primary presidency. I have a lot of fun doing the bulletin board and being in primary, so I am really going to miss this calling.

Hudson discovered how to get to the camera when my phone is locked. 
It has led to lots of selfies and 3 second long videos of the couch or other random things.

Just because he's really cute, and he is growing and changing every time we blink.

Our date night this month was dinner at the Roadhouse and ice skating at the local rink.
It was my first time ice skating, and it was tons of fun.
It was also our first date without kids or without anyone doubling with us since Hudson was born. I have no idea how we managed to go so long without a date, but needless to say we are not letting that much time go by without a date again.
I was relieved that I didn't fall down at all, but I think having my handsome husband's hand helped with that.

I woke up one day and decided I didn't love the color of our living room anymore. 
A few days after I made the decision I found myself buying paint and repainting the whole thing.
I feel like I've been on a big "if I don't love it, then I'm changing it or getting rid of it" kick lately.
Maybe it's because of the new year, but either way I kind of love having this attitude about things.
The first picture is the color it was and the second picture is the color I painted it.
The new color is lighter in person, and I love that it has brightened up the room.

The biggest thing that happened in January was trading in our beloved crossover for a minivan.
It was a really sad day driving away from our Journey because I LOVED that car.
I definitely plan on getting another Journey after I'm done with car seats and kids have moved out.
The saddest part might be that our Journey was only listed on the dealership's website for a few days before it was sold. It didn't even last a week!
We knew we were going to trade it in one day, so after stewing on the idea for a few weeks we figured why not do it now considering cars only go down in value. 
When we saw this van with heated seats and navigation we jumped on the opportunity to upgrade. We had a remote start put on the car, and it is now perfect for us.
We're planning a big trip towards the end of this year, and it will be so nice to have the van for it.
I'm fully embracing my new life as a minivan momma. Now bring on all the babies ;)

I am so ready to move onto spring and the rest of the year.
We have something exciting that I will be doing for our family in the coming months, and I can't wait! (and no it isn't another baby)

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

No comments