Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

Baby Number 2: Week 39 Bumpdate

This picture definitely makes me look smaller than I actually am, but it started to rain outside and so this was the best we were going to get.
And how cute is that freshly bathed photo bomber?!

How far along? 39 weeks. 
Total weight gain: +18 I haven't gained any weight in the last 3ish weeks
Maternity clothes: I've given up on getting dressed for the most part, so I pretty much just grab a shirt from Taylor's side of the closet and throw on some basketball shorts. Why did I not wear his shirts more when I was pregnant with Hudson?! They're so much comfier and longer than mine haha.
Sleep: I wake up around 2 and then 4:30 to pee. Usually I don't sleep good at all after the 4:30 wake up, and I tend to wake up multiple times before giving up and getting up for the day around 7:30.
Best moment this week: Going to Yellowstone and the Star Valley temple open house. Receiving a package of adorable girl things from Taylor's grandparents.
Miss anything? Being able to bend over and breath at the same time.
Movement: I am surprised with how active this little one is considering she has to be pretty much out of room. 
Food cravings: Fruit smoothies. I really wanted Jamba Juice, and thankfully I got it :) Not that it is food, but I have really been loving the smell of certain things like one of my face washes or some cleaning products. I don't remember this with Hudson, but it's been kind of like a craving this time.
Anything making you sick or queasy: Still having issues with getting super light headed and still no real answer as to why it keeps happening. I've been getting headaches lately.
Gender: Girl.
Labor signs: My belly definitely dropped at 38+2 days (I never had this happen with Hudson). It was so crazy how I could tell that day while getting dressed that the shirt I put on fit different because of the lower belly. I was dilated to a 3 at my appointment last Tuesday. Random contractions mainly when I go on my walks. 
Symptoms: I sound like a broken record putting this on every single bumpdate, but heartburn. I'm SO excited for this to go away after she is born haha. Round ligament pain. 
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On. 
Happy or moody most of the time: 
Looking forward to: Becoming a family of four and seeing how Hudson reacts and interacts with his sister. 

I've tried so hard to be a person who loves being pregnant, but I'm just not. I'm so grateful to be able to get pregnant and carry children to full term, and I am so grateful that pregnancy is not any longer than it is. There are definitely things that I am going to miss about being pregnant: the movements, the big round belly that is a human being, the specialness of the journey, the bond that I have been able to share with this baby, etc. But oh man and I glad that this is almost over haha.

I've kept up with my daily walks which I am quite proud of. The gorgeous fall weather that we have had has certainly helped with my motivation to continue with these walks. Here's to hoping they make a difference when it comes to delivery!

 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

2 comments

  1. Oh man, you're so close! Haha whenever I think about still being pregnant, I want to die. Way to go carrying that baby! Can't wait to see pics of her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand your dislike of being pregnant! Pregnancy is SO HARD. Yes, it is a blessing, but it is also a trial!!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete