Est. April 13, 2013

Design by Breezy & Co. Powered by Blogger.

lds conf in Kayesville with cousins

My grandma broke her hip before coming out to Utah for a cousin's wedding that was in Colorado. Because of this she decided to extend her time out here so that she could recover around everyone out here. We decided to take advantage of this and make a weekend trip down to see her. This trip happened to align with conference weekend.

Road tripping it with a baby who slept 2.5 of the 3 hour drive.
He's a baby straight from a dream, I tell you.



Lily. Lily. Lily. 
She is the most ENERGETIC child I have ever met. 
Poor Hudson didn't know what hit him.
She was constantly tickling him, picking him up, playing with him, or a combination of the three.

On Saturday we watched the first session of conference and then went to Target (Super Target. You could say that I was swooning over it) and the DI. After our mini shopping excursion we headed back to the Blues house and later ended up at my Aunt Sue's house to hang out with her, my Grandma, and my cousin Nickie. 

My Grandma is the spunkiest old lady.
I went from seeing her multiple times a week to multiple times a year if I'm lucky.
I'm so so grateful that we were able to see her, and that she was able to see Hudson again.

We picked apples from their big apple tree in between Sunday sessions.
Hudson was obviously a big help with the picking.
They were the best apples that I have ever tasted.
The next weekend we made delicious applesauce from their apples.


We caught the last session before heading home. My Aunt Sue and my Grandma spent Sunday at the Blues with us. We were REALLY hoping to get to attend a session while we were down there, but in the end we decided that spending time with family was more important than taking our chances in the standby line. Maybe the next session will be able to go..

All in all it was a great weekend. We were so glad that we made the choice to get away for a few days.


 photo RachelSIG_zpse5d0a175.png

No comments